Mother’s Day and the recent passing of controversial social media personality and YouTuber has me thinking a lot about legacy. Being childfree means I have to be intentional and thoughtful about what my legacy is and who I will pass it on to–and I don’t just mean tangible items. But what was even more interesting was the spectrum of responses I witnessed after the YouTuber’s passing. I’m sure if he were here, he would vehemently defend what he would say his legacy is. But that’s the thing, once we leave this Earth our legacy is largely made of the feelings, experiences, and perceptions other people have of us. I want all of us to lead and live a life in order to leave a legacy that we design and are proud of. And that’s what we’re discussing today…
In this episode, we discuss:
- What is legacy and what I think about it
- Why legacy is important
- How to create a legacy
- Who to leave your legacy to
- Ways to document and preserve your legacy
Legacy Reflection Questions
- What do you want your life to stand for?
- How do you want to be remembered by your family and friends?
- What will those beyond your circle of family and friends remember you for?
- What kind of an impact do you want to have on your community?
- How will the world be a better place because you were in it?
- What contributions do you want to make to your field?
- Whose lives will you have touched?
- What lessons would you like to pass on to future generations?
- What do you want to leave behind?
- How can you serve?
- What is Legacy? – 3:21
- Evaluate Your Legacy – 15:53
- The Obituary Exercise – 21:37
- Your 80th Birthday Exercise – 22:40
- Ways to Leave a Legacy – 24:09
- Legacy Ideas – 24:58
(these links may be affiliate links which means I get a small commission (at no additional charge to you) for your purchase):
Books I recommend!
Check this out!
Join the Podcast Posse Email List to get bonus content and future episodes delivered straight to your inbox!